Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nanzi Flores, Post 1, Brit's Get Rich

Wow, these videos truly show some of the risks associated with doing business in China. I believe Peter had a lot of disadvantages, not only did he not know the language but he didn’t seem to understand the culture. I believe if you are investing that much money in a business abroad, one must take the time to learn the culture as well as the language. It seemed to me that all three business man were making risky decisions without the basic knowledge of doing business in China and just hoping for the best. One thing that I found very interesting was the way Vaughn interacted with the business people in China. I don’t think that language and attitude gets anyone anywhere in China or in any other place in the world. I’m surprised he was able to get away with talking to those people the way he did. In my opinion it is in the best interest for both countries to work with each other since China’s economic growth is due to Americans, among other countries moving their businesses into China. The advantage for other countries to do business in China are the low wages, cheap products and billions of potential customers, as mentioned in the video.I’m sure that for every success story, there are many more stories with not such good endings due to corruption. Due to the economy many people in China are willing to behave unethical in order to create wealth.In summary cultural awareness is essential.

1 comment:

  1. What did you think about the conclusion? I would be interested to know if you were surprised by the how things turn out in the end.
    Your grade for this post is 4 points.

    ReplyDelete