Monday, January 25, 2010

Kelly Post 2 -Getting to know me

Hello,

My name is Kelly. Sorry this is a little late, I'm currently trying to juggle three classes and it's definitely proving to be quite busy.

So a little about me....I graduated from University of Illinois Chicago campus with a bachelors in Communications. I didn't know what field I wanted to get into so I went after a degree that had a broader spectrum. After graduation I got a job and started working. Upon being in the working world I started to realize my passion for Marketing. I enjoyed learning more and more about the field and decided to start my MBA with an emphasis in Marketing.

I'm very excited about the China trip, I love traveling and learning about new cultures and found this would be a great experience for me personally and professionally. I've traveled to England before but other than that and Mexico, I've never been out of the country. It's definitely a little scary not going with any friends or family but I think it will still be a great experience.

I'm currently working for the American Medical Association in the Member Relations department. I'm looking for a new job where I can utilize what I'm currently learning. I like the job but just don't feel like I'm being challenged any longer and since it's not career related, I'm finding myself more and more dissatisfied with it. So hopefully sending out my resumes will pay off one day.

My main hobby I would say is running. I love running, I've never felt like I could get away and clear my mind more when I'm on a run. I played soccer in high school and after that was over, I still felt the need to do something, so I started running and eventually decided in 2008 to participate in the Chicago Marathon. The marathon was probably the greatest experience of my life thus far. Then in 2009 I did my first Chicago Triathlon; that was fun, but I really didn't enjoy swimming a mile in the 63 degree lake water. I would like to participate in at least one more marathon before I settle down and start having kids...so 2009 may be the year.

Well, I hope everyone was able to gain a little insight into who I am. I look forward to going to China with everyone. See you on the 20th!

Regards,

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful introduction. Are you planning to run while in China? I would love to join you (walking rather than running).

    Your grade for this post is 5 points.

    ReplyDelete