Thursday, January 21, 2010

Post #2, Nanzi Flores-About Me -

Hello, my name is Nanzi Flores and I’m going to give you a little information about myself.

I obtained my Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from Robert Morris College back in 2002 at which time I thought I had accomplished my ultimate goal, being that I’m a first-generation college student I thought I had accomplished much but shortly after I realized that this would not be sufficient and that I wanted to pursue my MBA. Currently I’m in my second year of my MBA and I will hopefully graduate by December 2010. My concentration is Management.

I have been working for the Chicago Public Schools for about thirteen years. This was my first job right after high school and although I have held several positions within the organization, I do wish to one day venture out and explore other opportunities.

Although I have traveled to Mexico to visit my parent’s native country, this upcoming China trip will be my first time traveling without my family or friend. I have to admit that I feel a bit intimidated but at the same time really excited about getting out of my comfort zone and looking forward to the experience this China trip will hopefully bring.

I know that it might seem that I have been living under a rock but I do have a good reason for it, for the past fourteen years I have dedicating my entire time and energy into raising my two wonderful boys, Andrew age 14 and Derrick age 9. I’ve just recently realized that my children have become more independent and I have found myself with extra time to invest in myself and hopefully accomplish my own personal goals. Time sure goes by fast. I feel that this is the right time to start MY life journey; I want to believe it’s never too late.

3 comments:

  1. Nanzi - Good for you! You have plenty of time to benefit from new opportunities. I'm sure we will have a great time on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great introduction. Your grade for this post is 4 points.

    ReplyDelete