Monday, January 18, 2010

How To Use a Squat Toilet

Hello Everyone,
I know that this has been on everyone's mind since we met our last guest speakers-- the toilet situation in China. Amazingly, I found this video. Although funny, it does point out some keys things we should carry with us while we're traveling:
  • toilet paper or napkins
  • hand sanitizer
  • hand soap
At the end of the video it also points out where the waste may be carried. I was pretty surprised to hear what they mentioned. I was wondering what others thought about it. It could shed from light on why some of their products will not be accepted by other countries.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjfZEGLyosk

I hope you enjoy it,
Brittne

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! well at least I won't be looking all dazed and confused if I see one. Thanks for the info. I honestly can't say I'm looking forward to that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is definitely going to be interesting! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These kinds of toilets (or a version similar to this one) are also commonly found in India. However, I am confident that most of the places we visit in Shanghai and Beijing (definitely the hotels we stay in and company sites we visit) will have western-style toilets.

    Your grade 3 points.

    ReplyDelete