Monday, January 18, 2010

Bukky's Profile

My name is Bukky DaSilva. I am originally from Nigeria in West Africa. I have had the opportunity and priviledge to work and live on three different Continents, Africa, Europe and America. I am very big on international travel and getting to experience other people and cultures. I believe this enlarges one's understanding and thinking. I am married with 2 children, ages 6 and 8. I travel as much as I can with them to give them a global perspective as they grow up.
Professionally, I have over 15 years of professional experience in various compliance fields. I am a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a Certified Information System Analyst (CISA), and Certified in Governance of Enterprise Information Technology (CGEIT).

I am currently employed by Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), also known as BCBS of IL in IT Governance. I have been with them for about 3 years. I look forward to a wonderfully rewarding career with the company.

My major at St. X is HealthCare Admin and I am considering adding a minor in Int'l Business. I am very interested in working in a global environment and this might be a plus. I am very interested in the China travel program because of the opportunities I hope will come out of this experience. China seems to be the wave of the future and I am hoping to catch the wave now.

I look forward to being a part of this group.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bukky,

    Welcome to our course blog...enjoyed reading your brief. Hope to have you share your insights about other cultural experiences during our class on Feb 20 when we discuss cross-cultural issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting profile. I'm looking forward to interacting with you as you seem to be a very knowledgeable woman. It was very nice to meet the class on Saturday, it looks like we have a great group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grade for this post is 4 points.

    ReplyDelete