Monday, January 18, 2010

Get to Know Me

Hello Class I am Langston Roberson. I received my Undergraduate Degree from Saint Xavier University January 2005. Since then I have worked an array of jobs from promotions with the Chicago Rush Arena Football Team, Assistant Manager with Oberiweis Dairy in Orland Park. Most recently I worked on The Barack Obama Presidential Campaign in Toledo Ohio, and the Dr. Victory Forys Congressional campaign for the Chicago 5th Congressional District.

I am in my second semester at Saint Xavier University Graduate program. At this time I am a substitute teacher with Chicago Charter schools and I am Co-founder of Karry A Tune Karaoke. We bring the fun of Karaoke to you home, corporate event, and special events. Beyond my professional career, I have an 8 year daughter Essence Roberson who lives with me, being a full time father is definitely a challenge. I love soul music, movies, and poetry. I am a movie buff, If there are any films that you think I have not seen send them my way Drama, comedy, foreign anything.

I look forward to this trip meeting new people and getting to know the group that I will be spending a week with. While in Ohio I worked with a diverse group of people who really opened my eyes and challenged some of my beliefs in a good way. I hope that on this trip we can have some of those same experiences.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Langston,

    Glad to see you on the blog site. I enjoyed reading about you. I am excited about this program and your input/suggestions (what works or does not) will help make this a worthwhile experience for all.

    Happy to have you on board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we will all be able to learn much from each other on this trip. I'm excited and really looking forward to interacting with everyone during the China trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grade for this post is 4 points.

    ReplyDelete