Monday, February 22, 2010

Rick, Post 1, Getting to know me


Hi, my name is Rick Ducat. I'm 26 years old. I'm originally from the South Suburbs of Chicago and I graduated from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois in 2006 with a B.S. in Journalism and a minor in English. I actually started out as an electrical engineering major, but I decided it wasn't really for me.

During college, I worked at the student newspaper as a reporter and an editor for about three years. After that, I worked at Star Newspapers, which is now the SouthtownStar, as a general assignment reporter for about a year and a half. Then I started working at SXU as Assistant Director of Media Relations in the University Relations department.

I'm about halfway through my MBA at SXU and I'll probably graduate in 2012 because I'm a part-time student. I haven't decided on a major but I'm leaning toward marketing. I still have some time before I graduate, so I'm still exploring what I want to do after I get my degree.

I like reading, writing, cooking, video games and exercising. I'm also learning to play piano now just for fun. I like traveling, but I haven't done very much of it. I've been to a lot of different places in America but I've only left the country once to visit Canada, so I'm looking forward to experiencing a new culture.

That's about for now, and I look forward to getting to you know you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rick, welcome to the blog-land.
    Your grade for this post is 4 points.

    ReplyDelete