Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bukky Post 7 - Response To George's Blog: China Trying to Become What They are Yet to Become

Bukky - Post 7
I like the quote "China is striving to become what it has yet to become". In a way, I think that quote applies to each one of us, we are striving to become what we are yet to become. In most countries and cultures outside the US, it is a shame not to take care of your parents. They raise you and give you their best and there is the understanding that when they grow old, you take care of them. I don't expect to be a burden to my children but I definitely expect them to take care of me when I grow older. That's why I am giving them my best right now.
January 25, 2010 6:58 PM
We had a brief discussion about taking care of our parents when they grow older during the class on 02/20 when Prof. Selen was presenting. She had also mentioned that she takes care of her parents financially though her sister takes care of their day to day needs.
The same was the case when my mother was alive, we used to take care of her financially and hired helped to assist with her other needs.
Part of the training I am giving my children now is to let them know, when I am older, they will take care of me.

1 comment: